Codified Rules of Star Trek Night
- The Official Start of Star Trek Night is the moment the first movie is started.
- From the Official Start of Star Trek Night until the phrase "nuclear wessels" is said in Star Trek IV no person at Star Trek Night may say the phrase "nuclear wessels".
- To mention someone's mother-in-law when that someone has not already mentioned his or her mother-in-law is to invoke toh.
- (Proposed by ThomasKula 20 July 2005, Seconded by MarkLeigh on same date, first used during Star Trek Night IX): After the symphonic version of Amazing Grace finishes at the end of the burial scene in Star Trek II the movie is paused and a bottle of Scotch is poured in memory of James Doohan. The host of that Star Trek Night is responsible for procuring the bottle of Scotch, and a small sample bottle of Scotch is suitable.
Other Star Trek Night Traditions
While these are not official Star Trek Night rules, they are traditions that tend to pop up during STN.
- Where Time Becomes A Loop: The last couple of Star Trek Nights have been streamed, typically a camera aimed at people watching the movies. The stream is usually delayed several seconds from what is actually happening, so if you play the stream near the camera you get a neat time-delay loop. The favorite time to do this is during "KHAAAAAAAAAAN"
- Manjuice: A combination of prune juice, ginger beer and Tab. The ratio is up to the drinker --- unless you have consumed a lot of cheese, it's advisable to go light on the prune juice.
- Mac-n-Ass: A box of macaroni and cheese, made the usual way, with the addition of a whole onion, chopped.
- Pizzarolls: Another traditional STN food.